Your credit card score is one of the most important things if you wish to make any transaction on a credit basis. A credit score represents your ability to repay your loans to the lenders and builds their trust in you.
It is a three-digit number that summarizes your credit card history and how well in time you have made your due payments. The higher the score, the better it is!
Some financial institutions also rely on your credit card score and history to determine if they should be lending you money, for how much time, and at what rate. One should always maintain a credit score over 670 to signify their creditworthiness as strong.
Any credit score above 800 is considered excellent and should be an aim for most credit card users.
Hence, it becomes important to keep checking your credit score regularly, and that is why we bring you a list of the eight best applications that allow you to check your credit score for free.
Fit.Credit is a free application that shows you your credit score, measuring your overall financial health. It creates your credit report within 30 seconds and provides you with a summary of your creditworthiness.
All you have to do is enter your mobile number, use the OTP sent to you to sign in, enter your PAN details, and wait for 30 seconds.
The product gives you access to not only credit scores and reports, but various other things. It provides you with unlimited storage for your financial documents and gives you personalized tips every week on how you can improve your credit score.
Not only that, Fit.Credit even gives you reminders for your upcoming payments, so you never miss any one of them!
Top features of Fit.Credit –
- Generate reports within seconds
- Supports all credit cards
- It offers a blog that tells you how to maintain a good credit score.
- Enhances your financial literacy
- Sets automatic payment reminders
- Provides exclusive insights
Everybody is aware of Paytm and what it does. It is one of India’s top payments app that helps you recharge, pay, and receive money in seconds. Not only that, but it also allows you to purchase items, book flights, and movie tickets, invest in stocks, open a savings account, and much more.
But one of the most useful features of Paytm is that it lets you check your credit score for free.
To check your credit card score with Paytm, all you have to do is scan a QR code on the Paytm app and wait for a few seconds. You can even apply for loans or credit cards within the app itself.
It lets you easily monitor your score regularly and even updates the scores timely. With Paytm, you receive 12 free reports every year, which means a report each month.
Top features of Paytm –
- Tracks your accounts and debts with detailed analysis
- It helps you improve your credit card score
- Secures your personal information
- It gives you personalized and exclusive loan offers
- Teaches you all about your CIBIL score
- Provides tips and tricks to improve your score
CRED is a free application that sends you rewards for paying your credit card bills on time. The rewards, also called CRED coins, can be used to win special access to various products and experiences.
Not only that, but with CRED, you can also check your credit card score for free instantly. All you have to do is submit your details, and CRED’s credit score checker will calculate your credit score and send it over to you.
It also sets reminders for you so that you make all your payments on time and never miss a date. It settles all your transactions instantly so that you do not have to wait for your payments to succeed.
At last, a statement analysis is also sent to you that summarizes everything about your payments to help you have a clear vision of where your money goes.
Top features of CRED –
- It makes you financially literate with tips and tricks to maintain a good credit score.
- It gives you complete control over your credit card
- Secures your financial information
- Provides category-based analysis of your spending
- Detects all hidden charges, if any
- Tracks the credit limit in real-time
- Provides you with exclusive rewards and cashback when you make credit payments on time
INDmoney is a super money app that tracks and invests your money at zero commission. It also manages your money across several loans, taxes, investments, and expenses, all under one roof.
It also has a free credit score checker that updates your credit score every month. All you have to do is mention your details like your personal information, PAN card number contact number and wait for a few minutes till your report is generated at no cost.
The application also allows you a zero-fund transfer fee for your US stocks account, provides a 6.5% fixed deposit interest rate, and helps you plan and grow your future net worth. With INDmoney, you can get access to a CIBIL credit score, Equifax credit score, Experian credit score, and CRIF Highmark credit score.
Top features of INDmoney –
- It helps you manage finances across family members
- Tracks your investments and liabilities
- It lets you invest in US stocks and Etfs
- The platform also helps you save money on existing loans
- It gives you a personalized advisory
- INDmoney gets you loans against your investments
5. Credit Karma
Credit Karma is a free platform that allows you to check your credit score and plan your financial goals successfully. The platform educates you on cards, loans, savings, accounts, credit, and related topics.
It also offers an all-new Instant Karma cash reimbursement on all debit purchases through its credit Karma Money feature. A relief roadmap is another feature that connects you to the authority support you require, along with personalized debt relief options.
Credit Karma monitors your credit and sends you the required alerts along with essential reports. It also provides you with insights that help you learn what affects your credit scores and how you can do better. Finally,, it sends you personal recommendations on improving your credit score.
Top features of Credit Karma –
- Provides editorial insights through articles and blogs
- Improves and enhances your financial goals and planning
- Secures your data
- 128-bit and higher encryption for data protection
- It gives you information about various credit cards
- Generates your credit scores instantly
CreditWise is a free platform that allows you to check your credit card score in minutes. It also helps you with monitoring servicing that helps you maintain your score to the best of your abilities.
The platform offers an all-day-long credit monitoring and lets you know the changes, if any. You can get these scores and reports every month and track the credit score and do your bit in improving it.
The platform also provides you with factors that impact your credit score with a 256-bit transport layer of security. The app is available for both Apple and Android users.
Top features of CreditWise–
- It helps you understand your credit score in depth
- Keeps up with all changes in your score
- Sends you email alerts about your credit report, delinquent account, and more
- Monitors your credit information
- Tracks your SSN
- It scans the dark web for you to protect your information online
Credit.com is a free application that helps you generate your credit score and even get extra credit at no additional cost. It gives you a diverse range of 28 scores validated by FICO and reports from all the three top credit bureaus.
These bureaus include Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion. All reports with Credit.com are generated on a monthly basis.
You can also add tradelines on your credit report and report all your utilities and rent as well with Credit.com. The platform provides you with ID protection, rewards up to $2500, and a credit repair discount of up to $24.99 per month. These features are unique and are not offered by most of the credit score platforms available!
Top features of Credit.com–
- Dark web alerts
- 24/7 identity monitoring
- About $1 million insurance against ID theft
- Easy credit score tracking
- Credit repair discounts
- Rent and utility reporting
Credit Sesame is another free platform that provides you with your free credit scores and numerable ways to improve them. Not only that, the platform even gives you cash rewards when you succeed in improving your credit score.
You can get your free credit report card and credit monitoring alerts with Credit Sesame within minutes and analyze your credit spending.
They even find credit products for you especially and show how the products can help you achieve your credit goals. It is an all-in-one account that immensely helps you grow your average credit score immensely.
Top features of Credit Sesame –
- Offers a personal credit manager
- Provides resources to improve your financial literacy
- Easy and quick sign up
- Offers free identity theft protection, credit monitoring, score, and report card
- Provides you with tricks and tips on how to improve your credit score
- Offers cash rewards for improving credit score
A credit card score is extremely important if you want to maintain your credit worthiness in the market for taking loans when needed.
The higher your score, the better reputation you hold in front of lenders. This is why it is so important to constantly check your credit card score and report to understand where you can improve.
These platforms offer very many solutions on how you can constantly work on improving your scores, and the best part about it is that it is absolutely free.
You get all the information and education that you need in a few clicks without paying anything in return. For best results, start monitoring your credit score today and take that three-digit number to new heights!