Share this article on:
The card we are reviewing today is the Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card. Interestingly, the card has been advertised on the official web-page as “the best card to pay your bills”.
The Standard Chartered Bank started its operation in India in 1858 and has been going strong ever since.
With a legacy that runs more than 150+ years, the Standard Chartered Bank is a veteran in providing financial services to the ever-progressing India.
The Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card is a Cashback + Rewards Card. It is primarily a Cashback card as its benefits are geared more towards earning cashback. You can earn a percentage of cashback on certain categories of expenditure like phone bills and fuel, etc.. For all other categories of spending, you will earn reward points that can be used for purchasing goods from the bank’s goods catalog portal named 360° Rewards.
Let us take a close look at the benefits and best services provided by the Super Value Titanium Credit Card and judge for ourselves if it indeed justifies “the best card” tag in terms of paying bills. Let us also see if it really does save us ₹ 6000 per year on bill payments as advertised on the official webpage.
- Cashback Benefits and Rewards of Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
- OTHER BENEFITS
- Fees & Charges
- Eligibility for Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
- OTHER ELIGIBILITY
- Our Verdict on the Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
Cashback Benefits and Rewards of Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
The card does not offer any welcome benefits. It does, however, offer a 100% cashback of up to ₹ 1500 on fuel spends within the first 3 months (90 days).
CASHBACK BENEFIT ON FUEL EXPENSE
There is a 5% cashback of up to ₹200 per month on fuel spends. This is valid on transactions of ₹2000 and below, and across all fuel stations in India. The maximum cap on each transaction is Rs. 100 i.e on each transaction, you can get a maximum cashback of ₹ 100, and a maximum of ₹ 200 cashback per month.
CASHBACK BENEFIT ON TELEPHONE EXPENSE
The card offers 5% cashback on telephone bills of ₹ 750 and above. The maximum cashback is ₹ 200 per month. The telephone bill must be paid through the Billpay portal of Standard Chartered Bank to avail of the cashback.
CASHBACK BENEFIT ON UTILITY BILLS
Earn 5% cashback on utility bills having a transaction value of ₹ 750 and above. Electricity bill, water bill, gas bill, and a few other bills come under utility bills. The maximum cashback per month on utility bills is ₹ 100. The cashback can be availed only when utility bills are paid through the Billpay portal of the bank.
REWARD POINT ON ALL OTHER SPENDS
You earn 1 reward point on every ₹ 150 spent for all other expenses through the Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card.
To redeem rewards, you need a minimum of 500 reward points accumulated in your account.
Reward points can be redeemed only against products or vouchers/services available at the 360° Rewards portal.
On spending ₹ 90,000 and above in a year, the yearly renewal fee of ₹ 750 is waived off.
- You can avail discounts and offers on multiple brands, products and services, and on dining and travel through The Good Life Programme.
- You can avail lifetime free supplementary credit cards for your direct family members aged 18 years and above (parents, siblings, spouse, children).
- The Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card is a contactless card, making its usage safer in our current times of virus pandemic.
- Through its Kuch Bhi on EMI privilege, you can convert your credit card purchases into easy monthly installments.
- You can prevail a loan of up to ₹.7,50,000 without any documentation under the Dial-a-Loan privilege.
- The outstanding balance of your other credit cards can be transferred to your Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card at lower interest rates.
- You can also convert the outstanding amount of your monthly statement cycle into EMIs at lower interest rates.
- As of September 2020, there is an instant discount offer of ₹ 200 on subsequent purchases at Grofers on a minimum transaction of ₹ 2,000.
- As specified in the Terms and Conditions of the card, Standard Chartered will “from time to time offer cashback and reward points on the Super Value Titanium Credit Card where the Card Account is regular and without overdue.”
Fees & Charges
- JOINING FEE
₹ 750 + taxes
- ANNUAL FEE/RENEWAL FEE
₹ 750, waived off on annual spending of ₹ 90,000.
- ATM WITHDRAWAL CHARGES
3% of the amount withdrawn or ₹ 300, whichever is higher.
- CASH REPAYMENT FEE
₹ 299 will be levied for a cash payment of credit card bills. The amount gets reflected in the billing of the next payment cycle.
- RAILWAY SURCHARGE
₹ 25 or 2.5% of the transaction amount, whichever is higher, will be levied on Railway transactions.
- OVER LIMIT FEE
₹ 500 or 2.5% of the Over limit amount will be charged as an over-limit fee.
- FUEL SURCHARGE
₹ 10 or 1% of the transaction amount, whichever is higher, will be levied on petrol transactions. The rate of surcharge may vary depending on the acquiring bank.
- LATE PAYMENT CHARGES
The late payment charges, post the 50 days interest-free period are as follows (effective September 2020) :
|Statement Balance||Late Payment Charges|
|₹ 100 and below||No charge|
|₹ 101 – ₹ 500||₹ 100|
|₹ 501 – ₹ 5,000||₹ 500|
|₹ 5,001 – ₹ 15,000||₹ 700|
|₹ 15,001 and above||₹ 800|
Eligibility for Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
21 – 65 years
Salaried and Self-Employed Individuals with a stable income can apply for the Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card. The official webpage for the card has not specified any minimum per annum income figure. It can be safely concluded that an individual’s income potential plus credit score will determine his or her eligibility for this card.
PLACE OF RESIDENCE
As per the dropdown menu of the online Application form for the card, residents of the following locations in India are preferred :
Acquiring the Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card becomes easier if you already have a credit card from Standard Chartered or any other bank.
Our Verdict on the Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
The Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card is perfect for you if you :
– have your own commute and have a set fuel expense every month
– are responsible for paying utility bills of the house
– have considerable telephone usage in the form of landline or mobile phone
Considering the low call rates for mobiles, and how people are relying more and more on VoIP or internet-based calls for long-distance calling, the telephone utility part of the credit card does not seem very relevant. Most landlines too have lower monthly costs these days due to rapid digitization. With ₹ 750 as the minimum transaction (for a single transaction) to avail ₹ 200 cashback, the 5% cashback benefit on telephone bill can best be utilized once in a quarter of months.
The reward point structure of 1 point every ₹ 150 spent isn’t the best in the market either.
For paying for fuel and utility bills, this is a good card. It will ensure that you save at least ₹ 250 – ₹ 300 every month. That saves you a minimum total of around ₹ 3000- ₹ 3,600 per year. Add to it the reward points benefits and the offers and discounts offered from time to time, and this card almost becomes a must-have.
We do not recommend this card as a first-ever credit card. But this card is a great one for the responsible householder who is in charge of paying the bills of the house and owns his or her own commute. If you fit this category, go for it, it won’t disappoint you.
To apply for the Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card through the Standard Chartered Bank official website, click here.
Any questions? Ask them in the comments section below.